Saturday 26 May 2012

Jasmine, strawberries and African Marigold

Today I decided to do a day of non-supermarket shopping. Normally we do groceries once a week at Albert Heijn, as they have almost everything we need for a regular week of eating and living. But every once in a while it is nice to not go to the big supermarket. So today I went NOT-Albert-Heijn! I went to the market to buy cheese, bread fruit and veggies. I went to the Asian deli to buy an adorable can of Jasmine Tea (I just love those foreign cans and bottles!) which I placed on the shelf with our other dried goods and herbs.



And I visited a bunch of shops I had never been before and bought organic pear-juice and a bag of Black Eye beans. I saw a shop on Etsy once of a girls who made beads out of beans and I was intrigued by the idea, so I decided I wanted to try that sometime. And Black Eye beans are gorgeous!



I then sat on my balcony and ate the delicious strawberries and drank a pot of Jasmine-tea while reading a book and enjoying the view.

 
The African Marigolds I had last year seem to be sprouting up again. I guess the seeds must have gotten mixed up with the earth I used for planting the flower bulbs (that do not seem to be wanting to grow somehow).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...